Another Praise Thursday from the book ‘The Battle Plan for Prayer’!
This week we’re taking you through the spiritual temperature test!
Simply see if you can answer ‘yes’ to any of these following questions!
1. Is your spiritual life joyless and apathetic?
“Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.”
2. Do you not love and follow God as you once did?
Hebrews 10:23 “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.”
3. Is there at least one unconfessed sin that you refuse to repent of?
1st John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
4. Is there at least one person who has wronged you that you refuse to forgive?
Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.”
5. Are the words of your mouth displeasing to God and dishonorable to others?
“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”
6. Are you not seeing answers to prayer or seeing God’s power in your life?”
Mark 11:24 “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”
Philippians 4:19 “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
7. Do you have time for entertainment but not for bible study and prayer?
Matthew 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
8. Do pride, worry, or fear stop you from obeying what God has told you to do?
John 14:15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.”
9. Does your family see you behave on way at church and another way at home?
Matthew 23:28 “So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.”
10. Do you enjoy viewing things you know are unholy and displeasing to God?
“For I am the Lord your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy. You shall not defile yourselves with any swarming thing that crawls on the ground.”
11. Are there people who have things against you but you make no effort to reconcile?
2nd Corinthians 5:18
“All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.”
12. Is your worship casual and singing halfhearted?
Isaiah 12:5 “Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth.”
13. Is your giving reluctant and calculated rather than extravagant and sacrificial?
2nd Corinthians 9:17 “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
14. Have you been begged to serve in the church?
1st Peter 4:10 “As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace”.
15. Are you unresponsive to those around you that will likely die without Christ?
2nd Timothy 4:2
“Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.”
16. Are you blind to your spiritual condition and don’t think you need to change?
2nd Corinthians 4:4
“In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.”
Thanks for listening!
Leave a Reply