Thank you for your incredible support of Lifeline 2022! Our current total is $69,809.
Today is National Pencil Day! Did you know?
- cedar is one of the best woods to use for making pencils
- the lead is a graphite and clay mixture
- the lead is baked at 1500 degrees Fahrenheit
- the pencil molds with the lead glued into the cedar are put into a one-ton press for an hour
- after compression, the pencil molds are cut into a hexagon shape with three cuts on the top and three on the bottom
- the bare wood then goes through a paint machine and the rubber eraser is applied with an aluminum top
watch the full video here from the Science Network!
Don’t forget you have just under a week to be part of the Sweet Seats ticket contest to see Amy Grant at the Knox Memorial on April 7th. Find the details here!
Thanks for listening!
– Joe and Dylan
Leave a Reply