July 20th is the 53rd anniversary of Neil Armstrong’s moon walk. July 20, 1969 was the day when Wapakoneta’s favorite son walked on the surface of the moon – “one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”
We’re doing a unique concert giveaway next week on The Morning Thing for the August 1st Zach Williams/We The Kingdom concert at the Ohio State Fair. Keep listening for more details…the contest is called 5-4-3-2-1!
The deadline to take our WNZR TechSurvey 2022 is extended to July 31st…click here for the information and link.
On The Road with Big Blue starts Sunday afternoon at the Knox County Fair. More information on prizes here!
- I was born July 20, 1919 in New Zealand
- I became interested in mountaineering while in secondary school
- I served the Royal New Zealand Air Force as a navigator during World War II
- I was part of the first team to reach the summit of Mount Everest in 1953
- I also reached the South Pole in 1958, and the North Pole a few years later
- Time Magazine named me one of the most influential people of the 20th century
I am…Sir Edmund Percival Hillary. Congratulations to June from Poland, Ohio, who wins the $5 gift card to Round Hill Dairy Ice Cream.
Thanks for listening!
– Joe and Brogan
Leave a Reply