We know, we bent the rules a little bit…
Lexie and Joe talk about Walking Tacos today for Who Knew Wednesday!
“Walking Taco” or “Taco-in-a-Bag” aren’t actual tacos, but are Midwest names for the Texas dish called “Frito Pie”.
The “walking frito pie” began in Knoxville, Tennessee, at the 1982 World’s Fair. Petro’s Chili & Chips established a booth at the Fair. The Fair’s theme was “energy,” and the product was originally named “Petroleum Belly.”
The “walking taco” quickly became popular at other fairs in the midwest during the 1980s and 1990s!
if you’d like to read the full article, you can read it HERE!
We also covered this cool new design for a completely digital Taco Bell Drive-Thru! Read the full article HERE!
- I was born on March 17th 1919 in Montgomery, Alabama.
- When I was four years old, my family and I moved to Chicago, Illinois, where my father became a Baptist minister.
- When I was 15, I dropped out of high school to pursue a music career.
- I, along with my brothers performed in a revival of the musical Shuffle Along.
- I was the first African American to host a television variety show.
- Some of my most popular songs were Smile and Mona Lisa.
- I died at the hospital early in the morning of February 15, 1965 of lung cancer.
I am Nat King Cole!
Congrats to Ava of Howard for guessing correctly and winning a $5 Gift Certificate to Everlasting Cup!
Thank you SO MUCH for tuning into the Afternoon Drive! – Lexie & Joe
Leave a Reply