Today is Who Knew Wednesday, and it’s also National Social Media Day!
Remember Friendster and MySpace? These two services completely changed the way we communicate with friends, family, and even random strangers when you think about it. The founding of some of the largest social media platforms came much later: Facebook in 2004, Twitter in 2006, Instagram in 2010, and even programs like Facebook Messenger and Snapchat in 2011.
In fact, what you’re reading right now IS social media! Through the internet, we are blessed to have easy access to whatever we may be curious about! So to celebrate, text that old friend from high school that you’ve never had time to reach out to, and tell them “Happy Social Media Day!”
The Knox Chamber of Commerce has announced the Knox Workplace Team Walking Challenge. A perfect opportunity for businesses around the area to get out of the office and get active!
The event runs from September 5th through October 2nd, so you have plenty of time to get your team together and compete for the countywide competition.
Today is the last day of June, and that means July First Friday is just around the corner!
This month is all about “Honoring Our Hometown Heroes” and kicking off July 4th weekend!
The event will begin at 6pm on July 2nd and run through 9pm.
Who am I?
- I was born in Baltimore on this date in 1985, making this my 36th birthday.
- I was thrown into the fire at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney at just 15 years old.
- Despite not earning a medal in those games, I would accumulate 23 golds, the most by one athlete in Olympic history
- In 2008, I won the most gold medals in a single Olympics with 8, and broke world records in 7 events
- I am now happily retired and married with three sons
I am…Michael Phelps!
Congratulations to Monica from Mount Vernon for winning this week’s $5 gift card to Everlasting Cup with her correct answer!
Thanks for listening!
Leave a Reply