Todays show is dedicated to the great outdoors, as we talk about June being the National Great Outdoors Month! We talk about the history of the proclamation, some great outdoor spots in Ohio and even some health benefits to being outdoors. June is also home to a number of outdoor related days of celebration, such as National Trails Day and National Get Outdoors Day. Although I know we have all been loving this 80’s and 90’s heat here in Ohio, theres no better time to get outside and experience all there is to outside! That of course, unless its thunder-storming out. For more information of National Great Outdoors day, click here! For more information on the health benefits of spending time outside, click here!
- I was born today in 1937 in Memphis, Tennessee
- I am known often for my deep, authoritative voice in films and narration
- After serving in the Air Force from 1955-59, I made the transition to acting
- I made my broadway debut in 1967 with Hello Dolly!
- I earned my first Oscar nomination in 1987 for Best Actor in a Supporting Role with Street Smart
- I earned my first Oscar win in 2005 for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in Million Dollar Baby
- My most famous character portrayals include Nelson Mandela, Ellis Redding and Lucius Fox
I am…Morgan Freeman! Congratulations to Brenda guessing the correct answer and winning a $5 gift card to Round Hill Dairy Ice Cream. Thanks for listening!
Leave a Reply